Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sometimes the truth hurts

  I work at a very small site, for a very large corporation. We have to walk the corporate line and most of the time it doesn't fit our small facility very well, but we do the best we can. Our district manager worked out of an office an hour south of us and most of us did not hold a very high opinion of him.
  Corporate finally agreed with us and removed this manager from our company. This manger had been with the company a long time, so his superiors are trying to spin him up as a leader and a mentor, both which could not be farther from the truth.
  Since this news was announced to us, a card showed up at our shop that we were told we could sign if we wanted to. A card to wish this former manager good luck and to thank him for a job well done. A good majority of the guys I work with signed it. Guys that didn't have a nice thing to say about this manager for, at least, the last two years.
  I couldn't believe it. Suddenly the shop was full of hypocrites. Guys that couldn't say his name without spitting or cursing were lining up to sign a card thanking this guy for his service.
  I was asked by my coworkers if I was going to sign the card. When I told them I wasn't going to sign any stinking card for this clown, they were a little shocked and I think they were also a little embarrassed buy their hypocrisy being brought to light.
  I wasn't about to thank a guy, that could not give a rats' ass whether I lived or died, for a job he did so poorly that he was asked to leave the company and I wasn't about to apologize for my position. Some of my coworkers think my attitude is a little harsh and they thought I should be nicer.
  Well, that ain't going to happen, I'm not feeling charitable today, and my opinion of this former manager isn't going to change just because he is now unemployed.
  I'm not sure why these guys feel they need to be so emotionally dishonest, but it drives me crazy. For crying out loud, have an opinion and stand by it, quit being so damn wishy washy.
  I'm not about to stop telling my truth just so we can feel all squishy inside.  Suck it up cupcake, sometimes the truth isn't pretty and neither am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment