Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Got to get rolling again

  Well, I have to tell you guys that I'm really no fan of winter. The winter in this part of the world was not particularly harsh or anything, but it seemed to go on forever. I was really missing the sun, warmer weather and the opportunity to get the motorcycle back on the road and the surfboard in the water.
  The cold, short days really threw me off my game, I couldn't find any motivation or inspiration. My muse seemed to be missing, and she's usually pretty ruthless when there's something we need to create. There's been numerous times when she's whipping my ass to get something done, but not this winter.
  I went to see my acupuncturist around the beginning of spring for a tune up, which I desperately needed. She helped balance me, plus,the time changed, which means it's staying light later in the evening and all these things combined are helping me get motivated again.
  I was able to get back in the surf on Easter Sunday and although the water was a little cold, it was great to be back in the line up. The weather has warmed a bit, so my son and I have been riding the motorcycles to work this week. It's amazing how being back in the water and back in the wind helps me out.
  Which means I'll probably be up here spewing more things at you about what pisses me off and the general state of manliness. I really don't have a plan, so grab a beer and let's see where my muse takes us.
  Now, go out there and find what it is that brings balance and joy to your world, grab a hold of it and enjoy it.
  I'm going to just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment